LEF Ingenieros has carried out the design, installation and commissioning of a sludge treatment system for a leading consortium of companies in the construction of solar thermal plants.
This sludge treatment system has been installed at ILANGA’s Thermosolar plant (Upinghton SA). With this installation, there are already 4 references for LEF Ingenieros’ solar thermal installations in South Africa
The system consists of:
- 2 centrifugal feed pumps to the decanters
- 2 conical decanters with scraper
- 2 screw pumps to feed the dehydration system.
- 1 automatic polyelectrolyte preparer and flocculant dosing pumps
- 1 Dehydration system using centrifugal decanter
- 1 tank for collecting clarified water
The main functions of the sludge treatment system are:
- Sludge thickening from the pretreatment system
- Concentration of this sludge thickened through a centrifugal decanter using a flocculant
- Clarified water storage.