Sludge treatment system in South Africa Thermosolar plant
LEF Ingenieros has carried out the design, installation and commissioning of a sludge treatment system for a consortium of leading companies in the construction of thermosolar plants.
This sludge treatment system has been installed in the Thermosolar plant of ILANGA (Upinghton SA). With this installation there are already 4 references of thermosolar installations of LEF Engineers in South Africa
The system consists of:
- 2 centrifugal pumps feeding the decanters
- 2 conical decanters with scraper
- 2 screw pumps to feed the dehydration system.
- 1 automatic polyelectrolyte preparator and flocculant dosing pumps
- 1 Dehydration system by centrifugal decanter
- 1 tank for the collection of clarified water
The main functions of the sludge treatment system are:
- Thickening of sludge from the pretreatment system
- Concentration of this thickened sludge through a centrifugal decanter using a flocculant
- Clarified water storage.